Donating Your RV
If you’ve been looking for a way to give back to your community, consider donating your RV. There are lots of organizations that accept RV donations, and whether you’re looking to donate yours temporarily or for good, you can surely find a program that suits you.
Who Can Benefit from RV Donation?
You can donate your RV to help:
- Survivors of natural disasters – When a wildfire, hurricane, or other natural disaster strikes, many people can lose their homes and become displaced. Your RV could serve as a comfortable home for those who’ve lost everything and need to get on their feet.
- Healthcare workers – Doctors, nurses, and other healthcare workers who’ve been fighting this year’s coronavirus pandemic not only put themselves at risk each day, but also put their families at risk for contracting the virus. A few organizations have popped up in recent months that pair healthcare workers with donated RVs. This allows them to live at home but stay separate from their families when necessary.
- Veterans and children – Some charities dedicated to helping veterans and children turn donated RVs into funds that can provide much needed food, clothing, housing, and special programs for some of our country’s most underserved populations.
Benefits of RV Donation
In addition to feeling good about helping out fellow humans in need, your RV donation can benefit you in a number of other ways!
- Your donation is fully tax deductible. Check with each organization that you’re thinking of donating to and determine their process for documenting the donation. That way you’ll have everything you need to claim the donation come tax time.
- You could save money on storage and parking fees. If you typically pay to store or park your RV, and you rarely use it, you could save yourself the fees when you donate your rig.
- You may get a thank you gift. Some organizations offer vacation packages or other thank you gifts for your donation.
- Many organizations will accept motorhomes, 5th wheels, travel trailers, and toy haulers in any condition. So even if you think your old rig has no purpose, it could just what a charity is looking for.
Have you ever donated an RV before? Let us know in the comments or contact us today!